MacBook Air is thin, light and durable enough to take anywhere. With fifth-generation Intel processors, fast graphics and PCIe-based flash storage, it’s more than powerful enough for everyday things like email, surfing the web, organising and editing photos, and FaceTime HD video calls. And with all-day battery life, MacBook Air will go with you and stay with you the entire day.
Make the most of your day. From startup to sundown:
– Fifth-generation Intel Core processors in MacBook Air give you more time to do more things. Add that to an array of other smart and efficient features, and you have an incredible amount of power in your hands. While carrying next to nothing.
Up to 9 hours of battery life. Power through your whole day:
– Thanks to compact all-flash storage in MacBook Air, there’s plenty of room for a big battery. Working together with the power-efficient fifth-generation Intel Core architecture, this battery can post some impressive numbers. The 11-inch model gets up to 9 hours of battery life on a single charge. That gives you all-day power for surfing the web or watching iTunes movies. Put MacBook Air to sleep for more than 3 hours, and it enters standby mode to conserve battery life for up to 30 days. And if you enable Power Nap, you’ll continue to receive new email and calendar invitations while your computer is asleep.
Fifth-generation Intel Core processors. Performance, meet endurance:
– MacBook Air is powered by fifth-generation Intel Core i5 processor. This ultra-efficient architecture was designed to use less power and still deliver high performance. Which means not only can you do whatever you want – you can keep doing it for longer than before. In addition, the Intel HD Graphics 6000 processor offers advanced performance you’ll especially notice with games and other graphics-intensive tasks.
Fast all-?ash storage. Ready. Set. Done:
– Part of what makes MacBook Air so responsive is that it’s designed entirely around flash storage. Not only does this make MacBook Air much lighter and more portable than traditional notebooks, it also provides faster access to data. Available in capacities up to 512GB, this PCIe-based flash storage is up to 17x faster than a traditional 5400-rpm notebook hard drive. So when you flip open MacBook Air, it’s ready to go right away. Even after a month in standby mode, the screen springs to life.
Thunderbolt 2 and USB 3. Make some powerful connections:
– With a Thunderbolt 2 port that’s twice as fast as the previous generation, you can connect your MacBook Air to the latest devices and displays, like the Apple Thunderbolt Display. But that’s not the whole story. MacBook Air also comes equipped with two USB 3 ports, so you can connect the latest USB 3 devices and all your USB 2 devices as well. With just a few connections, MacBook Air transforms from an ultraportable notebook to a complete workstation.
Multi-Touch trackpad. It goes hand in hand with OS X:
– The Multi-Touch gestures in OS X make everything you do on MacBook Air more intuitive, direct, and fun. And the spacious Multi-Touch trackpad is perfectly designed for them, whether it’s a three-finger swipe to activate Mission Control or a four-finger pinch to see all your apps in Launchpad. Gesture responses are smooth and realistic. So when you’re scrolling up and down a web page or swiping from one full-screen app to another, it’s almost like you’re touching what you’re seeing.